torstai 21. marraskuuta 2013

Lying on your deathbed

I'm just reading a book and the writer is asking a dangerous question: When you are lying on your deathbed and thinking about your life, what do you want to be known for? What is the most important to you then?

Mexican grandmum and a girl



I said it's a dangerous question and for that I mean that it's a little bit scary to think about these things. Life is going so fast and there is only one life that has been given to us. I'm not talking about the eternal life now. We all will live forever and the most important thing is that you decide to live your eternal life in heaven and in a relationship with God. But what I'm talking about now is that you have one life here on earth and it's right now. How are you going to live this life?

So many have come to say to me when I'm with Eelis that ”oh, I so remember that time when my children were small and now they are 17, 20 or 30 years, it was like yesterday”. And they encourage me to enjoy my daily life with Eelis. (Most of these conversations have been when I have been washing Eelis' poopy bottom in public bathrooms ;D )


One day my life has come to its end and how do I see my life then? Am I happy or am I feeling bad because of the choices I made or didn't make. It's wisdom to take a moment to look at your life from the end and work backwards. Answers to these questions can be the motivators of your life and you can start to take steps to fulfill your dreams in life. Every person has their own dreams. We are not meant to be the same. You can see this if you think that every person has their own fingerprint. We all are unique and different. We have different kind of giftings and orientations in life. Enjoy being yourself! And live your life, not the life of someone else.
This is the book I'm reading

I know it can be also a little bit overwhelming to start to think about these things but it's not my goal here. I just want to encourage you to enjoy every moment of this trip and to be brave to make good choices in life :)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti